The annual UGC-CEC Educational Video Competition is meant to nurture, encourage and recognize excellence in educational video programme production in its Media Centres and other Educational Institutions in the country.
It is open to UGC/CEC Media Centres and University / Academic / Educational organizations of India in respect of all categories.
The awards contain cash prize, a trophy, which is, stylized form of veena and a certificate of excellence.
Awards is given in the following categories:
- Best Educational Programme of the year
- Best E-Content Programme of the year
- Best Formative Research
- Best Script
- Best Camera Work
- Best Editing
- Best Sound
- Best Graphic / Animation / Special Effects
- Best Programme for animation
- Best Video production of the year by students studying in Mass Communication, Journalism, Film / TV and allied professional courses in an Indian Educational Institution.